|Legal status||Emergency use authorization: IRNFull and Emergency Authorizations: List of COVIran Barakat COVID-19 vaccine authorizations|
COVIran Barakat, is an inactivated virus vaccine developed by Shifa Pharmed Industrial Co in Iran.[501
BAKU, Azerbaijan, Jun. 14 2021
By Elnur Baghishov – Trend:
An emergency license was issued for the use of the Iranian-made “CovIran Barakat” vaccine against the coronavirus yesterday on June 13, the Iranian Minister of Health and Medical Education Saeed Namaki said, Trend reports citing IRNA.
He made the remark in an event dedicated to the launch of a number of health and medical facilities in Iran’s Markazi Province today on June 14.
Namaki said that moreover, a license for the using of the Iranian-made “Pastor” vaccine against the coronavirus will be issued next week.
“Also, the licenses for the using of Iranian-made “Razi” and “Fakhra” vaccines will be issued in the near future,” he added.
According to the minister, the Iranian population will be vaccinated fully by the end of autumn with the opportunities created in connection with the production of vaccines in Iran.
Reportedly, about 10 million people in Iran are planned to be vaccinated with the “CovIran Barakat’ vaccine next week. The production of “CovIran Barakat” vaccine in Iran is expected to reach 50 million doses per month by the end of the summer.
On June 14, 26 health and medical facilities were launched in Iran’s Markazi Province. A total of 1.45 trillion rials (about $34.5 million) has been spent on these facilities.
Iran continues to monitor the coronavirus situation in the country. According to recent reports from Iranian officials, over 3.03 million people have been infected, and 82,217 people have already died.
Meanwhile, over 2.66 million people have reportedly recovered from the disease.
The country continues to apply strict measures to contain further spread. Reportedly, the disease was brought to Iran by a businessman from Iran’s Qom city, who went on a business trip to China, despite official warnings. The man died later from the disease.
The Islamic Republic only announced its first infections and deaths from the coronavirus on Feb. 19.
The outbreak in the Chinese city of Wuhan – which is an international transport hub – began at a fish market in late December 2019.
The World Health Organization (WHO) on March 11 declared COVID-19 a pandemic. Some sources claim the coronavirus outbreak started as early as November 2019.
A total of 5.2 million people have been vaccinated in Iran so far. About 4.35 million people were vaccinated on the first stage, and 851,000 people were vaccinated on the second stage.
COVIran Barakat is a COVID-19 vaccine developed by Iranian state-owned Shifa Pharmed Industrial Group. It has successfully been tested on animals and has been approved by the Iran Food and Drug Administration for testing on humans. Phase 2/3 (II/III) clinical trial began on 13 March 2021, and the first participants were inoculated on March 29. Finally, the vaccine consumption license was issued on June 13, 2021. Around 650 people worked in 3 shifts around the clock to develop the vaccine.
Dr. Minoo Mohraz has been selected as the lead of the “Corona vaccine project in Iran”. Dr. Mohraz is an Iranian physician, scientist, and AIDS specialist. She is a Full Professor (Emeritus) of Infectious Diseases at Tehran University of Medical Sciences and head of the Iranian Centre for HIV/AIDS. Dr. Mohraz has also served as within the World Health Organization as an expert on HIV/AIDS in Iran and the Eastern Mediterranean.
This vaccine has been authorised for emergency use by the Iranian authorities. This makes it the first locally developed to be approved for emergency use in the Middle East.
On 29 December 2020, human trials of Iran’s first domestic COVID-19 vaccine candidate were started. The mechanism of production of this vaccine is based on the inactivated vaccine. In other words, “it is made of a coronavirus that has been weakened or killed by chemicals, similar to how polio immunizations are made.”
Iran’s first domestic COVID-19 vaccine candidate was started
Tayyebeh Mokhber, the first volunteer who receives a shot of COVIran Barakat was the daughter of Mohammad Mokhber director of setad. Minister of Health Saeed Namaki and Vice President for Science and Technology Sorena Sattari participated at the ceremony of vaccine injection. According to reports, there are more than 65,000 Iranians volunteered to test the vaccine and 56 selected people took part in the first phase of human trials which last 45 to 60 days. The initial phase of human-testing for this vaccine started with the injection of 56 volunteers who were at the age of 18-50.
The second/third group of volunteers were also injected with the vaccine. According to the head of the vaccine production team at the Setad, the results show that this vaccine also neutralizes the British mutated COVID-19 virus.
In March 2021, the Executive Office of Imam Khomeini’s Order began a Phase II–III clinical trial of COVIran Barakat with 280 participants in cities including Tehran, Mashhad, Karaj, Esfahan, Shiraz. According to the allowance of medical equipment department, the second phase coincided with third phase. The vaccine has reached its third phase of human-testing; and the first injection(s) of the 3rd phase began 25 April 2021.
As official in charge of manufacturing Iran Barakat vaccines, Mohammad Reza Salehi said, “some neighboring countries tend to enter the third phase of the clinical trial of the Iranian “COVIran Barakat””. They are reviewing recommendations to let them participate.
According to Setad (the Executive Headquarters of Imam’s Directive), under the direct control of the Supreme Leader of Iran, “production of the vaccine developed by one of its companies, Shifa Pharmed, could reach 12 million doses per month, six months after a successful trial ends”. On 15 March 2021, he stated that EIKO has already a capacity of three million doses per month and that by end of June the capacity will be 15-20 million doses per month.
On 29 March 2021, the Tehran Times reported that a capacity of three million doses per month was achieved; and the production line of 25 million doses per month of Iran Koo vaccine was discharged on 26 April 2021.
On 10 May 2021, the first product of mass production of the Iranian corona vaccine called “COVIran Barakat” was unveiled in phase one of the vaccine production factory associated with Execution of Imam Khomeini’s Order (EIKO). Therefore, 2 industrial lines have been set up. The first production line is prepared and the second line is being prepared. By the end of September (taking into account the capacity of three million doses of the first line), 20 million doses of Iran Barakat vaccine will be available in the month.
Full authorization Emergency authorization
See also: List of COVID-19 vaccine authorizations § COVIran Barakat
- ^ “Iranians demand a COVID-19 vaccine, not politics, from their leaders”. Los Angeles Times. 19 January 2021.
- ^ “Coronavirus Tzar Forced to Apologize to Clergy”. iranwire.
- ^ Vahdat, Amir (29 December 2020). “Iran begins human trials for locally made coronavirus vaccine”. Times of Israel. Retrieved 30 December 2020.
- ^ “IRCT | A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled Phase II/III Clinical trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of COVID-19 inactivated vaccine (Shifa-Pharmed) in a population aged 18 to 75 years”. en.irct.ir. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- ^ 3080 (2021-03-30). “Some foreign states willing to cooperate in COVIran Barakat clinical test: Official”. IRNA English. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- ^ The vaccine consumption license was issued yjc.ir Retrieved 16 June 2021
- ^ دانش فنی واکسن برکت صد درصد ایرانی است/ تلاش ۶۵۰ نفر در ساخت واکسن ایرانی کرونا
- ^ “Iranian corona vaccine will arrive by ‘next July'”. Persian Bibi (in Persian). 2020-12-06. Retrieved 2020-12-18.
- ^ “Good News About AIDS”. Young Journalists Club. February 6, 2016. Retrieved 2020-02-26.
- ^ “Allameh Tabatabai | Professor Minoo Mehrz: Everything I have is from Tehran University of Medical Sciences”. Tehran University of Medical Sciences Alumni Communication Office. Retrieved March 29, 2017.
- ^ “Iran issues license on its coronavirus vaccine”. Trend.Az. 2021-06-14. Retrieved 2021-06-14.
- ^ “Iran begins first human trial of locally made virus vaccine”. health.economictimes.indiatimes. 29 December 2019.
- ^ “COVIran Barakat: Iran launches human trials of its COVID vaccine”. aljazeera. 29 December 2019.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Some foreign states willing to cooperate in COVIran Barakat clinical test: Official”. irna.
- ^ Human test of Iranian corona vaccine begins / Minister of Health: We are the first vaccinator in Asia with 100 years of experience tasnimnews.com Retrieved 29 December 2020
- ^ End of the injection of phase one (studies) of “Kovoo-Iran Barakat” vaccineyjc.ir Retrieved 16 February 2021
- ^ Start of injecting the Iranian corona vaccine to the second group of volunteersmehrnews.com
- ^ The injection of “Iranian corona vaccine” to the second group of volunteers began tasnimnews.com
- ^ Jalili: The Iranian vaccine neutralizes the British virus yjc.ir
- ^ Iranian vaccine succeeds in neutralizing “British mutated virus” isna.ir
- ^ “Iran Vaccine Boasts Total Protection Against U.K. Covid Strain”. bloomberg.
- ^ “Clinical trials of COVIRAN vaccine enter phases 2, 3”. isna. 15 March 2021.
- ^ “واکسن ایران برکت احتمالا تا پایان خرداد ۱۴۰۰ به دست هموطنان میرسد”. IRNA. 24 March 2021.
- ^ The beginning of the third stage of the human test of COVIran Barakat IRINN, Retrieved 21 April 2021
- ^ The third phase of Iran Barakat vaccine was injected YJC, Retrieved 25 April 2021
- ^ “Iran starts human testing of first domestic COVID-19 vaccine”. reuters. 29 December 2019.
- ^ “Iran starts mass-production of homegrown coronavirus vaccine”. Tehran Times. 2021-03-15. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- ^ “Iran to kick off production of 3mn doses of COVIRAN”. Mehr News Agency. 2021-03-15. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- ^ The production line of 25 million doses per month of Iran Koo vaccine was cleared, Retrieved 4 May 2021
- ^ “نخستین محصول تولید انبوه واکسن “کوو ایران برکت” فردا رونمایی میشود”. irna. 10 May 2021.
|Scholia has a profile for COVIran Barakat (Q105217191).|
/////////COVIran Barakat, iran, coronavirus, COVID-19, vaccine, Shifa Pharmed, SARS-CoV-2
NEW DRUG APPROVALS
[…] only vaccine they fully trust is Iran’s CovIran Barakat, apparently. Any jab under the patronage of Bill Gates, COVAX, or the WHO is totally untrustworthy […]