at the heart of development
Community Developed Resources:
In the fields of medicine, biotechnology and pharmacology, drug discovery is the process by which new candidate medications are discovered.
Historically, drugs were discovered through identifying the active ingredient from traditional remedies or by serendipitous discovery. Later chemical libraries of synthetic small molecules, natural products or extracts were screened in intact cells or whole organisms to identify substances that have a desirable therapeutic effect in a process known as classical pharmacology. Since sequencing of the human genome which allowed rapid cloning and synthesis of large quantities of purified proteins, it has become common practice to use high throughput screening of large compounds libraries against isolated biological targets which are hypothesized to be disease modifying in a process known as reverse pharmacology. Hits from these screens are then tested in cells and then in animals for efficacy. Even more recently, scientists have been able to understand the shape of biological molecules at the atomic level, and to use that knowledge to design (see drug design) drug candidates.
Modern drug discovery involves the identification of screening hits, medicinal chemistry and optimization of those hits to increase the affinity, selectivity (to reduce the potential of side effects), efficacy/potency, metabolic stability (to increase the half-life), and oral bioavailability. Once a compound that fulfills all of these requirements has been identified, it will begin the process of drug development prior to clinical trials. One or more of these steps may, but not necessarily, involve computer-aided drug design.
Recommended Screening Libraries
- Chemical Library
- A collection of 850 bioactive compounds
- Inhibitor Library
- A collection of 478 inhibitors
- Kinase Inhibitor Library
- A collection of 192 kinase inhibitors
- Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Library
- A collection of 85 tyrosine kinase inhibitors
- FDA Approved Drug Library
- A collection of 421 FDA approved drugs
- Natural Product Library
- A collection of 133 natural products
- Chemotherapeutic Agent Library
- A collection of 40 chemotherapeutic agents
- Epigenetic Compound Library
- A unique collection of 17 small molecule modulators
- Stem Cell Compound Library
- A unique collection of 46 small molecule inhibitors
- GPCR Compound Library
- A unique collection of 61 GPCR small molecules
- DR ANTHONY MELVIN CRASTO Ph.D , Born in Mumbai in 1964 and graduated from Mumbai University, Completed his PhD from ICT ,1991, Mumbai, India in Organic chemistry, The thesis topic was Synthesis of Novel Pyrethroid Analogues, Currently he is working with GLENMARK- GENERICS LTD, Research centre as Principal Scientist, Process Research (bulk actives) at Mahape, Navi Mumbai, India. Prior to joining Glenmark, he worked with major multinationals like Hoechst Marion Roussel, now Sanofi Aventis, & Searle India ltd, now Rpg lifesciences, etc. He has worked in Basic research, Neutraceuticals, Natural products, Flavors, Fragrances, Pheromones, Vet Drugs, Drugs, formulation, GMP etc. He has total 25 yrs exp in this field, he is now helping millions, has million hits on google on all organic chemistry websites.
His New Drug Approvals , Green Chemistry International, Eurekamoments in Organic Chemistry , Organic Chemistry by Dr Anthony, WIX BLOG , are some most read chemistry blogs
He has hands on experience in initiation and developing novel routes for drug molecules and implementation them on commercial scale over a 25 year tenure, good knowledge of IPM, GMP, Regulatory aspects, he has several international drug patents published worldwide .
He has good proficiency in Technology Transfer, Spectroscopy , Stereochemistry , Synthesis, Reactions in Org Chem , Polymorphism, Pharmaceuticals , Medicinal chemistry , Organic chemistry literature , Patent related site , Green chemistry , Reagents , R & D , Molecules , Heterocyclic chem , Sourcing etc
He suffered a paralytic stroke in dec 2006 and is bound to a wheelchair, this seems to have injected feul in him to help chemists around the world, he is more active than before and is pushing boundaries, he has one lakh connections on all networking sites, He makes himself available to all, contact him on +91 9323115463, email@example.com
[…] https://newdrugapprovals.wordpress.com/drug-discovery/ […]