Home » Posts tagged 'ANTIDEPRESSANT'
Tag Archives: ANTIDEPRESSANT
The US Food and Drug Administration has approved Forest Laboratories and Pierre Fabre’s Fetzima for major depressive disorder.
Fetzima (levomilnacipran extended-release), a once-daily serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, has been given the green light based on Phase III studies of adults with MDD and statistically significant and clinically meaningful improvement in depressive symptoms across three doses (40, 80, and 120 mg).
read all at
Levomilnacipran (F2695) is an antidepressant currently under development by Forest Laboratories for the treatment of depression in the United States and Canada. As of 2009 it is in phase III clinical trials. Levomilnacipran is an active enantiomer of milnacipran and therefore has similar effects and pharmacology, acting as a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. On 20 January 2011, Forest and Pierre Fabre Medicament announced that levomilnacipran was no better than placebo in a late-stage clinical trial. Two other late-stage trials will be finished in mid-2011.
- “Future Treatments for Depression, Anxiety, Sleep Disorders, Psychosis, and ADHD — Neurotransmitter.net”.
- “Pierre Fabre Medicament and Forest Laboratories to Collaborate on Development and Commercialization of F2695 for Depression – FierceBiotech”.
- “News: Forest Buys CNS Disease-Related Drug for $75M Upfront.”.
- “Search of: F2695 – List Results – ClinicalTrials.gov”.
- Deprez D, Chassard D, Baille P, Mignot A, Ung HL, Puozzo C (1998). “Which bioequivalence study for a racemic drug? Application to milnacipran”. European Journal of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics 23 (2): 166–71. PMID 9725476.
NDA-US Marketing by Ranbaxy, Alembic has announced that it has received an NDA approval for extended release version of Pfizer’s anti depressant drug Pristiq, Desvenlafaxine Base
5 march 2013
Alembic has announced that it has received an NDA approval for extended release version of Pfizer’s anti depressant drug Pristiq. Pristiq sell approximately $550m in the US. Alembic has outlicensed rights to Ranbaxy for marketing in the US. The company will start marketing the product immediately.
Alembic will manufacture and supply the drug to Ranbaxy for marketing in the US. Vadodara-based pharma player, Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited has received the approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for a bioequivalent version of Pristiq by Pfizer.