Home » Posts tagged 'ブラルカメシン'
Tag Archives: ブラルカメシン
- Anavex 2-73
- AE-37 / AE37 / ANAVEX 2-73 FREE BASE
- UNII 9T210MMZ3F
Treatment of Rett syndrome, Investigated for use/treatment in breast cancer.
Anti-amnesic, Muscarinic/sigma receptor agonist
- Originator Anavex Life Sciences
- Developer ABX-CRO; Anavex Life Sciences; The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
- Class Antidementias; Antidepressants; Antiepileptic drugs; Antiparkinsonians; Anxiolytics; Behavioural disorder therapies; Dimethylamines; Furans; Neuroprotectants; Neuropsychotherapeutics; Nootropics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Muscarinic receptor modulators; Sigma-1 receptor agonists
- Orphan Drug Status Yes – Epilepsy; Rett syndrome
- Phase II/III Alzheimer’s disease
- Phase II Parkinson’s disease; Rett syndrome
- Preclinical Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis; Angelman syndrome; Anxiety disorders; Autistic disorder; Fragile X syndrome; Multiple sclerosis
- No development reported Cognition disorders; Epilepsy; Stroke
- 28 Oct 2019 No recent reports of development identified for phase-I development in Cognition-disorders in USA
- 09 Oct 2019 Anavex Life Sciences initiates enrolment in the long term extension ATTENTION-AD trial for Alzheimer’s disease in (country/ies)
- 02 Oct 2019 Anavex Life Sciences has patent protection covering compositions of matter and methods of treating Alzheimer’s disease for blarcamesine in USA
- Anavex Life Sciences is developing ANAVEX-2-73 and its active metabolite ANAVEX-19-144, for treating Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, stroke and Rett syndrome.
ANAVEX2-73 is an experimental drug is in Phase II trials for Alzheimer’s disease, phase I trials for epilepsy, and in preclinical trials for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Rett syndrome, stroke. ANAVEX2-73 acts as a muscarinic receptor and a moderate sigma1 receptor agonist. ANAVEX2-73 may function as a pro-drug for ANAVEX19-144 as well as a drug itself. ANAVEX19-144 is the active metabolite of ANAVEX 1-41, which is similar to ANAVEX2-73 but it is not as selective for sigma receptor.
Properties and uses
ANAVEX2-73 has an inhibitory constant (ki) lower than 500 nM for all M1–M4 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor subtypes, demonstrating that it acts as a powerful antimuscarinic compound. ANAVEX2-73 was originally tested in mice against the effect of the muscarinic receptor antagonist scopolamine, which induces learning impairment. M1 receptor agonists are known to reverse the amnesia caused by scopolamine. Scopolamine is used in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and motion sickness by reducing the secretions of the stomach and intestines and can also decreases nerve signals to the stomach. This is via competitive inhibition of muscarinic receptors. Muscarinic receptors are involved in the formation of both short term and long term memories. Experiments in mice have found that M1 and M3 receptor agonists inhibit the formation of amyloid-beta and target GSK-3B.[clarification needed]Furthermore, stimulation of the M1 receptor activates AF267B, which in turn blocks β-secretase, which cleaves the amyloid precursor protein to produce the amyloid-beta peptide. These amyloid-beta peptides aggregate together to form plaques. This enzyme[clarification needed] is involved in the formation of Tau plaques, which are common in Alzheimer’s disease.[clarification needed]Therefore. M1 receptor activation appears to decreases tau hyperphosphorylation and amyloid-beta accumulation.
Sigma1 activation appears to be only involved in long-term memory processes. This partly explains why ANAVEX2-73 seems to be more effective in reversing scopolamine-induced long-term memory problems compared to short-term memory deficits. The sigma-1 receptor is located on mitochondria-associated endoplasmic reticulum membranes and modulates the ER stress response and local calcium exchanges with the mitochondria. ANAVEX2-73 prevented Aβ25-35-induced increases in lipid peroxidation levels, Bax/Bcl-2ratio and cytochrome c release into the cytosol, which are indicative of elevated toxicity.[clarification needed] ANAVEX2-73 inhibits mitochondrial respiratory dysfunction and therefore prevents against oxidative stress and apoptosis. This drug prevented the appearance of oxidative stress. ANAVEX2-73 also exhibits anti-apoptotic and anti-oxidant activity. This is due in part because sigma-1 agonists stimulate the anti-apoptoic factor Bcl-2 due to reactive oxygen species dependent transcriptional activation of nuclear factor kB. Results from Marice (2016) demonstrate that sigma1 compounds offer a protective potential, both alone and possibly with other agents like donepezil, an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, or the memantine, a NMDA receptor antagonist.
Novel crystalline forms of A2-73 (blarcamesine hydrochloride, ANAVEX2-73, AV2-73), a mixed muscarinic receptor ligand and Sig-1 R agonist useful for treating Alzheimer’s disease.
By Foscolos, George B. et alFrom Farmaco, 51(1), 19-26; 1996
- “ANAVEX 2-73 – AdisInsight”. Adisinsight.springer.com. Retrieved 2016-05-25.
- Malviya, M; Kumar, YC; Asha, D; Chandra, JN; Subhash, MN; Rangappa, KS (2008). “Muscarinic receptor 1 agonist activity of novel N-arylthioureas substituted 3-morpholino arecoline derivatives in Alzheimer’s presenile dementia models”. Bioorg Med Chem. 16: 7095–7101. doi:10.1016/j.bmc.2008.06.053.
- Leal, NS; Schreiner, B; Pinho, CM; Filadi, R; Wiehager, B; Karlström, H; Pizzo, P; Ankarcrona, M (2016). “Mitofusin-2 knockdown increases ER-mitochondria contact and decreases amyloid β-peptide production”. J Cell Mol Med. 20: 1686–1695. doi:10.1111/jcmm.12863. PMC 4988279. PMID 27203684.
- Lahmy, V; Long, R; Morin, D; Villard, V; Maurice, T (2015-09-28). “Mitochondrial protection by the mixed muscarinic/σ1 ligand ANAVEX2-73, a tetrahydrofuran derivative, in Aβ25-35 peptide-injected mice, a nontransgenic Alzheimer’s disease model”. Front Cell Neurosci. 8: 463. doi:10.3389/fncel.2014.00463. PMC 4299448. PMID 25653589.
- Maurice, T (2015-09-28). “Protection by sigma-1 receptor agonists is synergic with donepezil, but not with memantine, in a mouse model of amyloid-induced memory impairments”. Behav. Brain Res. 296: 270–8. doi:10.1016/j.bbr.2015.09.020. PMID 26386305.
//////////Blarcamesine, ブラルカメシン , Orphan Drug Status, PHASE 2